Friday, January 1, 2010

Winter Fairytale




Although the Christmas Holiday is over, Winter is in full swing here in the middle of the US. With the blizzard raging on for two days over Christmas, I grabbed my Copics and colored this winter beauty; ching-chou kuiks Winterberry. She is part of Ching-Chou Kuiks Fantasy Art Sheet #1 (Plate 20).

The base card stock is from Strathmore, purchased in the art section at the local hobby store. It's hard to tell in the picture, but it's a matte glittery blue. I also used my Nesties Labels 2 dies and found my eyelets/snaps storage case. I thought the green snaps gave enough of a pop to the card and helped pull in the green from the dress. Honestly, I was just so happy to actually sit and color again, that I didn't pay any mind about color composition - I just enjoyed the coloring :-).

If you haven't seen this plate, you don't know what you are missing. You will want to stop by the Sweet Pea Stamps store to check out Winterberry and all of her friends!

Thanks so much for stopping by and wishing you a wonderful new year from all of us here!

7 comments:

  1. very pretty, love the coloring - you do such a beautiful job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous !!! I love colors and colouring !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your coloring! Wish I was half as good as you!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this coloring! Great rich colors- so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Micki, she is very pretty, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the coloring on the stamp. That green color is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors you used here and the way you colored it! Gorgeous! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete