To begin with I coloured the image with Faber Castell Polychromos. Normally if I am using a mixture of my crayons and Promarkes I first colour the image with the Promarkers then build up the colour with my crayons. This time I did it the other way round to see what would happen. It was not very successful and I stopped pretty quickly after just playing on the hat. I have heard of Promarkers sometimes blotting and have to admit in three years this has never happened to me - until today lol. So here is the coloured image complete with my Promarker bleed grrrrrrr :) and yes the ugly pink bit at the top was me wiping the ink oozing out from the nib, alas after the damage to the image. To cover up the bleed at the end of the card I added a very small butterfly.
With the image coloured I then created my card. The design papers are freebies I have had for ages from a magazine. I used the same design papers to create the flowers with another freebie, the Die'sire - blossom fleurs die which came on a magazine recently. Rather like this die, easy and effective and perfect for adding height with a strong flower. Each of the flowers was finished off with three pink pearls. The cream leave behind the flowers were cut with Spellbinders Foliage and a second butterfly was added to one of the flowers. Both butterflies were finished off with some extra fine pink glitter on the edges and a teeny tiny blue gem. The base mat was distressed around the edges, the image mounted on two mats and both layers here were distressed too. The second mat was cut using Tattered Lace die. Some white lace was added for a wee bit of texture then the leaves and flowers were added.
- Image - An Apple A Day by Karen Middleton
- Colouring Medium - Polychromos and Promarkers
- Dies - Die'sire - Blossom Fleurs, Spellbinders Foliage Tattered Lace die (can't remember the name) and Poppystamps caterpiller
- From my stash - lace, pearls, design papers