Sunday, August 30, 2015

Jane presents Fairy Tea Party by Helena Reis



Morning folks, hope you are having a good day :) :)

Today I am sharing an easel card using the image Fairy Tea Party by Helena Reis.
A bit of experimenting going on and a true effort in trying to create a card in keeping with the image. Not sure if I succeeded or not but I did have lots of fun and several cups of tea to rejuvenate the brain cell hahaha.

To begin with, after having coloured the image I then printed an enlarged copy of the digi.  This I then laid on a piece of purple card and traced over the outside edge to make just the tea cup for my easel card.  The image was then coloured with Pan Pastels and cut out.  Then I was stuck, do I add texture, do I add orange dots or what?  With no decision being reached I ended up leaving the cup just coloured in the purples to match the base colour I had coloured the digi image.
Next I printed my sentiment and decided on what die cuts to use and from there it was a case of assembling the sections.  Saying as I am in Saudi I also decided to add an Arabic Yellow Label tea bag for a bit of fun to the inside of the card and create the holding mechanism so the easel card stands correctly lol.
Ingredients:-
Image - Fairy Tea Party by Helena Reis
Colouring Mediums - Spectrum Noir Blendable Crayons and Pan Pastels
Dies - Spellbinders Scalloped and regular Circles,  Tattered Lace Rose Corner, and the background circle die but I can't remember it's name.
From my stash - Stickles, button, brads


No comments:

Post a Comment