Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Gothic Fairy at Sweet Peas Stamps

Aletha here with a project from one of my favorite artists at Sweet Pea Stamps. That artist is Teresa Sherman. All of Teri’s images are available in digital format or as rubber stamps, your choice.
Today, the image I chose, Gothic Fairy, is in the digital format. Gothic Fairy has been coloring with Copics and after trimming I applied some Black Soot Distress ink to the edges. She was then layered her on some tan cardstock with the edges distressed and more distress ink added to those edges. To finish the final bottom layer I die cut some black card stock and aged the edges with white gesso. After the gesso was dried I layered the first two layers. My main element is complete.




My designer paper is from my stash. The edges were distressed and Black Soot Distress ink was added to the edges. This was then layered on tan cardstock that was treated the same way as the designer paper. This final layer was attached to the black base card and the main element was attached to that. My embellishments are roses and metal corners.  These were also aged with white gesso.


Have you checked out our One Sweet Challenge? I hope you join us. If you do, and you used a Sweet Pea image, head over to our Facebook’s Group art contest.  The one going on right now lasts until July 7. That gives you plenty of time to make some Sweet Pea goodness.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you stop by every day and check out what Sweet Pea’s Design Team has in store for you. If you have any questions, you can always contact me.
Aletha Jane

7 comments:

  1. Very cool card - lovely coloring and love all the details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning Aletha! I love your coloring and the rich gorgeous papers you chose. It's wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. Love how you colored her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a stunning card Aletha, I love the frame around the image, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Aletha, what a striking creation, the metal work is perfect and, as always, your colouring is to die for :) :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning, Aletha! Love her hair, fabulous coloring!
    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing coloring and love the embellishments used

    ReplyDelete