Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kimono Lantern Fairy

I have a very dear friend who is in Japan. I feel very blessed that several years ago our paths crossed and I had the opportunity to meet and get to know this precious lady from across the ocean.  She is on my mind often, but even more so in the past week.  One evening while thinking of her I grabbed the Sweet Pea Stamps Kimono Lantern Fairy image drawn by Elaine Cox and some gorgeous paper that my friend sent me and created this card.  The cardstock is actually a navy blue that matches the blue in the paper and image, but computer screens don't always cooperate when it comes to color.



I used my gold pen to add additional lines on the background paper and on the edges of the flowers
I hope this time finds you and yours safe and sound!

Get Inky!
Alex

11 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning, Alex. Love this paper you used for this beautiful image. Remembers me of some of this kind I have somewhere here, but haven't used for ages. Perfect combination! I hope your friend in Japan is doing fine and isn't concerned by the tragedy going on there.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Alex. You have such an awesome 'knack' for picking the papers. This card is awesome. Love how you colored her and like I implied, those papers work perfectly with it. Keeping your friend in my thoughts and prayers and hope she is ok. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect match Alex! Your papers go with this SP image as though they were made for each other.
    I like your black/navy blue accents also.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the DP you used Alex. THis is such a sweet image. I hope your friend and her loved ones are doing okay. My heart breaks everytime I think of what they all are having to go through and the news/TV is not helping.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the beautiful paper you selected to go with it. I pray that your friend in Japan is all right. It has really hit us here at home as my husband works for Tokyo Electron, so there are many friends and co workers there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex, she turned out adorable. You did an awesome job with this image. I will keep your friend in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card, I like the way you were able to match the clothes to the paper - I always have trouble with the kimono coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the colors!!! It is just stunning!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex this is darling!! I love how you made the image look like the origami! So cool! And the background you did is amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how fabulous is this card Alex!! Your colors are perfect as is your image. Love it to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Gorgeous background paper to go with it too!

    ReplyDelete