Monday, March 7, 2011

Fairyland

When I saw those enchanting images of the Rachel Andersons Collection I fell in love with them immediately. They are so sweet and magical. When I coloured them I even thought to be very gentle to not disturb those sweet little fairies...

The image of my first creation is called 'Sweet Dreams'. The second one is called 'Lily of the Valley'. They both are on plate 95 together with two more awesome images. You can get them as single stamps as well.


Here on my first card I used DP of 7gypsies and Kaisercraft. The flowers are from Wild Orchid and the lace, ribbon and blings are from my stack. As mostly I coloured her with Distress Inks on 300 g watercolour paper.


On my second creation I used DP from Prima 'Annalee Collection'. Flowers are from Wild Orchid. The lace I found on the fleamarket.

Here on this card I tried out two things new to me. First I used some mulberry paper for framing the image. I tore it in stripes and drape it to the back of the image. I love the way it looks and I am sure it was not the last time I did it.

And second I put some beads in different green colours and pearls to a thin wire and formed it to leafs. I think this looks quite nice as well.

Thank you so much for looking. Wish everyone a magical day. And... there just have been the release of the second sheet of the Rachel Andersons Collection with more beautiful fairy images. Take a look at them at Sweet Pea Stamps.

Hugs, Karina

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful Fairyland!!! The colouring is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these Karina are breath taking, not sure which one I like better as they are equally gorgeous. Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is exquisite Karina and your bling is fantastic. I love the innovative uses you give to ordinary items to make them one-of-a-kind.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just STUNNING!!! How beautiful...I cannot chose a favorite!You are such a talented artist and I just adore what you have done here...your coloring and embellishing is just simply stunning! I am so proud to be on this DT with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are beautiful. Love all the LACE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious. Love the lace and romantic feel to these cards. Fab details too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow gorgeous and I really really love the Lilly of the Valley card. Love that color combo and love how you used the mulberry paper. You know it was you that inspired me to 'attempt' water coloring with Distress Inks.... although I've got a loong way to go :-).

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, just wonderful coloring, I love how there is just a tiny white border around a few things which makes them look like they are glowing. They are glowing!! Beautiful work. You final cards look like masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are truly magical after you add your touch to them. Love the backgrounds.
    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning cards Karina!! I'm so glad to have you as a teammate! Your work is so beautiful and unique! I love the softness of your coloring and all of your amazing details! Your layouts are little works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your backgrounds just add to your images! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karina, these are both so beautiful!! I love your design and coloring style so much. Love these.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!!! So soft, sweet and stunning. These are both truly gorgeous Karina!! Your work always blows me away.
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete