Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sparkly winter wishes

















Having made quite a few Christmas cards in the last week I thought it was time to be a bit more adventurous. I decided to play a bit with colours for this winter card. It doesn't even have to be for Christmas - it would work great as a birthday- thank you- or even get well card at this time of year.

















I have used Winterberry from plate 20. I love the little snowflakes around her and matched the image with a patterned paper that had snowflakes on it too. I coloured the image with promarkers in matching pink and blue shades and added a white twinkling h2o to the flowy part of her dress. I finally got my sakura gelly roll in the mail and had to try it out on the snowflakes for some extra sparkle.

12 comments:

  1. I love how the pinks and cranberry colors go together Katarina. All the little finishing touches are great.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely love the colors, they really are the "colors" this season and really make this image look awesome. Love the softness. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is just so pretty! I absolutely love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katarina, this is gorgeous!! I love the colors of pink and cranberry together for such a beautiful girlie winter card. Great job on this. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous color combo and I love the sparkle you added! Gorgeous card! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning color combo! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Katarina, I love all the yummy papers you used. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is totally stunning! i LOVE the papersand the sketch... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the softness on this one. So very pretty!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, I love the subtle tones and wonderful papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful - love the pink and silver for a Christmas card!!!

    ReplyDelete