Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Two Lil' Halloween Cards

Hello! I thought I would bring you a couple of last minute Halloween themed cards today! For the first card I used Samantha Rawlings sweet Lil' Witch. I made a frame around her using four fancy corners cut with a Sizzix die and I tried to "connect" them on the long sides using tiny black gems. It is a little more crooked than I had hoped....but I still like the original idea!

The Details:
Stamp: Samantha Rawlings Lil' Witch - (sheet 2, Plate 62) - Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: K&Co (I think), Black and White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00,E11,R00,R20
hair: YG21,YG23,YG25,YG17
Clothes:V04,V06,V17,C5,C7,C9
Pumpklin and Car: Y15,Y17,YR16,YR18
Misc: Sizzix Corner die, Spellbinders Label Die, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, Darice Gems


For my second card I used Elaine Cox's Little Witch Cat. I colored the image with Copics and added a little Diamond Stickles around the moon and a little Crystal Effects to the kitty's eyes. I am not sure I really love how that turned out, but it is good to try something new sometimes, right?


The Details:
Stamp: Elaine Cox's Little Witch Cat (Sheet 9, Plate 59) - Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: Bo Bunny, Black and White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Cat: W5,W7,W8,W10
Hat: V04,V06,V17,Y06
Background: BG32,BG34,BG16 all w/W1 over, YG03,YG25,YG17,Y000,Y00
Misc: Martha Stewart Web Border Punch, Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Diamond Stickles

Happy Halloween!
:-)Traci

11 comments:

  1. Traci,

    I think they both turned out exquisite. The frame is a superb idea and the cat looks haunting with the diamond dust on the moon!!! Wonderful creations!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the frame idea it really adds to bring focus on the little witch and I love the colors of your second card. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous. :-)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci,
    I like how you think outside the box! What a cool idea to extend the frame. I love them both!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute Traci!! I love the sizzix corners you added and made into a frame!! Brilliant idea and I love the colors of on the Little Witch Cat card!! Beautiful coloring!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely love the bright halloween colors! both cards are wonderful and I love the witch!
    Nice job
    XMicheleX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE the background paper you used with the Lil' Witch and her shade of skin tone. It turned out soooo cute. The coloring on the second card, the cat turned out awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traci these are wonderful! I love the colors and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the frame is PERFECT! The connecting is my favorite part! Both of these cards are wonderful. You color amazingly! love them!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are so adorable - your colors are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colouring of her hair. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that little witch, she's the cutest! That frame you used is great and the green hair is wonderful!

    Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete