Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birthday Witches......

I wanted to share with you a card I made for my dear Sister In Law's birthday. It is in the middle of October so I thought the witch was fitting.  I didn't want to make her scary since I hold nothing but loving feelings for her. I chose ching-chou kuik's "Pick a Pumpkin". I thought she was classy yet still was the look I wanted. Fall, Halloween, beauty......... You can buy her as a single stamp or on a page with three others at where else, Sweet Pea Stamps.

I colored my image with copics and then dusted her here and there with some stickles. I love my sparkle.  My background was done with chalks and then I cut her out with my scalloped nestie that I edged with distressing walnut ink. The sentiment was computer generated and received the same treatment.  I tied a tulle bow around the card and then added three prima flowers with a gem stone in the center.  To finish it off I tucked raffia in two colors behind the bow and the flower to give it a bit of a rustic look, as if she just came out of the pumpkin patch! 

Don't forget to visit "In A Sweet Pea Dream" and try your hand at the challenges!



"Life's Beauty Inspires Me To Kreate"

8 comments:

  1. Wow Kym she's beautiful. I love the tulle and the rafia treatment, it's perfect~

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color scheme Kym. I like all your little extra touches, beautiful bow, just the right amount of raffia, right down to the distressed edges.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Pumpkin DP looks perfect with this image!! I love the whole Autumn look and feel to this!! Just GORGEOUS Kym. Oh I love the added Raffia!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh, I love all the oranges, love the rafia, this turned out soooo pretty Kym

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beauty ! Love details with rafia, very nice !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza Kym this is such a beauty! I love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous fall card. What a wonderful birthday card this is. GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Job! I love this image and the coloring you did on it. The paper goes great and just enough embellishment to catch the eye.

    ReplyDelete