Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Seahorse and The Dragonfly

Hello! I have two cards to show you today, both using gorgeous images from ching-chou kuik. For the first one, called The Seahorse I colored the image and the background with Copic markers, and then I went over the background with Twinkling H2O watercolors. I finished the card off with a little sparkle from a Sakura Clear Stardust gel pen, some pearls and a little stitching.

The Details:
Stamp: ching-chou kuik's The Seahorse - from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: My Minds Eye, Dark Chocolate and White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,E13,R20
Hair: G000,G00,G02
Clothes: BG72,BG75,G02,YG03 w/RV10 over it, YG95
Seahorses: YG21,YG03 w/RV10 over it, YG95
Background: E47,E49
Misc: Twinkling H2o watercolors, Recollections Stick on Pearls, Sakura Clear Stardust Pen


On the second one, called The Dragonfly, I again used my Copics to color the image. I left the background white and then painted it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Chandelier. It is hard to see in the photo, but in real life it has a beautiful sparkle that is subtler than my usual Stardust Stickles. To complete the card I "framed" the image with a Spellbinders die cut and added some gems around the scalloped circle.

The Details:
Stamp: ching-chou kuik's The Dragonfly - from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: We R Memory Keepers, Birchtone Dark (Prism), White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin: E000,E00,E11,E13,R20
Hair: BG45,BG49
Clothes: BG11,YG21,YG25
Dragonflies: G14,G09,BG11,BG45
Misc: Spellbinders Heartfelt Creations - Perfect Petals, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Chandelier and Glimmer Glaze in Icicle, Lime Stickles, Darice Gems


:-)Traci

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Traci! My favorite is the Dragonfly one but they are both outstanding.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dragonfly card !! Great work !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both!!! They are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traci, remarkable work on both of them. The stitching on the first is lovely. The coloring them afantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Those embellishments are stunning...really set off the image beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful cards, I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traci, both of these are Stunning!! And I LOVE the colors you have chosen!! I think my favorite is The Dragonfly!! I love that Spellbinders Die!! Gotta have it, it is just gorgeous!! Beautiful coloring Traci!!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZERS!!!! I am in love with both of these. I keep switching back and forth! The simplicity of the first and the ornate design of the second are just breath-taking!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  9. Traci- both are STUNNING! I especially love the background you made for the dragonfly one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Traci. I LOVE the outfit and the brown color on the first one. Wonderful combo of colors and then on the second one you enhance with the diecut and a green color too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, Traci.... WOW, gorgeous, beautiful.... love that stamp and that color combo. My mouth dropped at the sight of the first one and then the second one..... sigh...... sheer beauty, I could sit and gaze the them all day. Beautiful.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Traci, these are GORGEOUS! Love your coloring and color choices.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, fabulous colourchoices and the top one is so different. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete