Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dreamy Mermaid


Hello! I have made a quick card today (well, quick once I figured out what I wanted to do - that part took FOREVER!) that uses one of Elaine Cox's beautiful mermaid images (called Dreamy Sandcastle), one piece of cardstock for the card, one piece of DP and 2 ribbons. I am happy with the final, simple look, but I spent hours putting things on and taking things off! I finally decided to just let the sweet mermaid be the star!

The Details:
Stamps: Elaine Cox's Dreamy Sandcastle (Plate 52), sentiment from ching chou kuik's Plate 20 - both from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: Fancy Pants Designs, Nautical Blue Dark (Prism), White for image (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair: Y15,Y17,YR04,YR09, E08
Tail: R24,R29,R39,E08.E18
Sky: B91,BG10
Water: B95,B97,B99
Sand: E30,E31,E33,E35
Misc: Ribbon (brown - SU, Scarlet Jewel - Papertrey Ink)


:-)Traci

13 comments:

  1. Traci, these colors could not have been more perfect, I cannot stop looking into her eyes, they kind of mesmerize you. Your coloring is awesome. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Traci!! You have made it both dramatic and simple at the same time.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous, Traci, your coloring is amazing!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beuatiful... what lovely eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my :-) I love everything about your dreamy mermaid! The colors are beautiful :-)
    wonderful job:-)
    XMicheleX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these warm Fall colors!! They are so cozy and inviting!! I love the way you have colored her!!! You really created that dreamy look in her eyes!! Love this!! What are you talking about simple... nothing about a sweet pea card is simple!!! The beautifully colored images is the work of art and that's what makes them so gorgeous!! And you and I, well all of us know that the coloring is not simple!! Traci, you give so much life to your images. Gorgeous!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traci, gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Love the colors - the vibrancy and depth. The ribbon treatment, absolutely gorgeous.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW wonderful colors !!! I love the warm tones !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. she is adorable! I love the colors - just too cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. star she is. I do the same thing, it takes me longer to think out my card than ever make it!!! This was well worth the effort because she is captivating! Your coloring is brilliant!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stunning! I love how you make the card glow. I really want to be able to master that kind of technique. I have one of the distressinks so I should be able to make it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZA what a piece of art here! She just leaps off the paper! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete