Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Candy giftbag

















I'm back with something different than a card - a blog candy giftbox. The images I have used are spring night (left) and Moonlight siren, both by ching-chou kuik. I masked the images and coloured with my promarkers.





















The box is super easy to make: a piece of patterned paper about 12x30cm and then one matching piece about 12x8, folded, for the top flap. The candy is in a see-through bag and attached with tape and staples. After it was all assembled I punched 2 holes for the ribbon and attached some embossed die cuts to the left and right of the girls.


















I really wanted to play along with a special challenge because they had a very fun recipe. The only thing I needed extra was 7 buttons and another patterned paper (I cut out the text from a PP). I haven't decided if I like it better with the buttons and the text or not. I think the buttons make it a bit interesting, but they also take away from the images. Maybe it looks too cluttered - what do you think?

post signature

13 comments:

  1. Katarina, you alway have wonderful stamp ideas and this gift bag is gorgeous and unique. I love how you put two mermaids together, as if it is two friends enjoys the day together. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice project Katarina. I love how you think outside the box!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea, I love your gift bag!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute gift bag!! I love the colors and how you used the 2 mermaids together!! What a great idea for some Sweet Pea Blog Candy!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. breathtaking! You have totally inspired me to try to combine some of these girls together... and your color pallette is stunning! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Katrina that is awesome. I love it. I am going to have to try it and like Dawn said, I love how you combined the two mermaids together.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea !!! I love the soft colors, seem so peaceful !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful bag, I like how you paired the mermaids together and the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! What an idea!!!! And so lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have put these two images together - they seem like they were meant to be that way!! Your whole underwater scene is magical with the seaweed and the fish and these two beauties! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh!!! Either way this is nothing but amazing!!! I have to make one for my niece. She would just love it!!!! The whole scene is impeccable and they look like they were meant to be together!!!!!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the nice comments guys. It really warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cool! I love how you used two images! Gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete