Sunday, August 15, 2010

White Leaf Mermaid and Holiday Collage( Father's Day card)

Today I have 2 cards to share with you. This first one was created with White Leaf Mermaid plate # 48 by Elaine Cox and you can get yours at Sweet Pea Stamps. I used some Basic Grey Bittersweet DP, cuttlebug embossing folder, American Crafts Ribbon, Fiskars hearts and some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.



The image was colored with copics. I also added some Platuim ink over the embossed design. And the I miss you sentiment is from one of the newest Sweet Pea releases. I added some pink brads to both ends of the sentiment.





Here is my card I created for my husband for Father's Day. I used one of the new collage stamps from Sweet Pea Stamps called Holiday Collage #56. The background of the image had snowflakes and the word peace in it so I decided to cut out the deer and use it for my husbands Father's Day card.

Anyone who knows him knows he is a big deer hunter and almost everything I get him deer on it. But this year I went to Lowes and got him a HUGE gas/charcoal grill!!!

I used some K&Company DP and I used a Creative Memories leaf punch that I added ink too , to distress them. I made my frame for the deer with my oval nesties. And I added some pearl bling that I colored with copics to match my DP.

Thanks for stopping by!!


11 comments:

  1. Great job Angela! I like how you pulled the dp into your bling on the first card.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela both cards are magnificent. OK I am partial to the first cuz it is pretty and girly but I have to say the one for your hubby is fetching. We do not see many manly cards on here and you have done a stupendous job!
    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice cards, both cards are really beautiful !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, the white leaf mermaid turned out soooo cute, I love this image and you turned it into a work of art. Your deer image card is really pretty too, perfect for the man in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Angela, that mermaid card is just beautiful. Love the vibrant colors!!! And I absolutely love your Father's Day card. It's perfect for a guy..... love it.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Angela both of these are gorgeous creations! I am in awe of how the first card shows the "light" so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Angela, these are absolutely stunning! That Elaine Cox card I think is my favorite card you've ever done (except for the one you sent me, that's my alltime favorite :) ), I absolutely love it! Love your deer card too, my father in law would love a card like that. You've inspired me to use that image!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE that mermaid card. The coloring is so vibrant and just stunning. What a lovely card. The Father's day is wonderful and any dad who gets that should appreciate such beautiful work for him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Angela-both of these cards are STUNNING and completely different! The leaves with the deer and the cutout and.... WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angela, WOW! That first card is stunning - I especially love the hearts floating up! And I LOVE how you used the deer in the second card! I have been saving mine until I felt like making Christmas cards, but now I have other options! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful cards, I love the hair on the mermaid! the father's day card is really cool looking.

    ReplyDelete