Monday, August 16, 2010

Back To School

It is that time of year again. I am getting my kiddos ready to head back to school. My oldest is looking at his Senior year of High School. Oh boy! Where does the time go. I still remember the little kid with the tiny backpack!

This adorable image is the by Lisa Victoria and is Dragon's First Day of School. It reminds me of that little boy. He still has the backpack, but it is much larger and not so cute. I decided to use the primary color scheme that I always find fitting for anything related to the topic of school.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Alex, I know exactly what you mean. I am making cards for my Grandkids instead of kids. It is so fun to watch them go off with their backpacks so full they can hardly walk and the biggest smiles on their faces. This is so dang cute, the colors are perfect and I adore the large punch you used behind him that looks like a piece of tablet paper. What a grand job!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, I love your adorable card, it turned out soooo cute. The first day of school is so fun, this stamp would be cute for a scrapbook page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used punches to repeat the geometric bg paper Alex! It ties together perfectly.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! I love that you used primary colors!! My kids are starting their 3rd week of school today!! I still haven't had time to make them cards yet!! I guess I'll have to make them one and sneak it into their backpacks!!
    Great card Alex!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex, this is so cute! What a perfect back to school card! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Alex! Just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Alex, this is too stinkin' cute. I have such a hard time using primary colors but wowsers, you're so right, they work perfectly with this cutey! Perfect back to school card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What good timing for such a sweet card, would be great to send to any child who is getting excited about their first day of school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable, love the fun colors and papers. This little dragon is too cute! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete