Friday, April 2, 2010

Exotic Halloween


Hi everyone :)
Today I want to show you a card made
with the gorgeous Exotic Halloween stamp
and only white papers.
I've made the background with distressed inks applied
with baby wipes and printed border laces to decorate.

Here is the card :

Stamp : Ching-Chou Kuik's Exotic Halloween from plate 38

For the background of the card, I used 3 colors of distressed inks,
from the lighter to the darker, (just one drop on a baby wipe
and apply to paper, one color at a time) :
- Scattered Straw
- Spiced Marmelade
- Vintage Photo

Then, when I think my background is ok,
let dry and spray with water and Perfect Pearls
to give a shimmer look.

For the background behind Exotic Halloween I used
Metallic Chalks from Pebbles Inc.

the image is coloured with Copics :
Skin : YR00, E11, E13, R20
Hair and Clothes : C1, C3, C5, C7
And a little bit of RV04, RV06, RV09 on the clothes
Candle light : Y11, Y32

I don't know if my English is good,
but if you have any question, feel free to leave
a comment and I'll answer to you.


XOXO
Mag :)

---

ALISON :
Thank you so much for your comments Ladies !!!
Alison, I use a white cardstock (224g).

I put a drop of ink on my baby wipe.
Then I apply the inking baby wipe on the cardstock,
from right to left, right to left...
I don't wipe the carstock before applying ink.
Before applying ink with baby wipe
the cardstock is completely dry.

I apply my 3 colors in layers from the lighter to the darker.
Then let's dry, don't use a heat gun.
If you let dry slowly, the cardstock will return to his flat appearence.
I hope this will help you.
If not, just feel free to ask, no soucy.

Big Hug

Mag :)


15 comments:

  1. Wow this is fantastic!!!!! Love the backgrounds and the colours on the image just perfect for Halloween!!! Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent!! One of my most favorite 'Mag' creations ever!! Stunning coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is so gorgeous Mag such a beautiful piece of art from the heart. Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, Mag! What amazing techniques you used! I do have a question. Did you wipe the cardstock with the baby wipe? Did you do this before or after you applied the Distress Inks? I definately need to try this technique! It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA! Mag it is gorgeous! I just adore your work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mag! You have outdone even yourself this time! LOVE IT!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superbe création, tout est parfait !

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, love the tech and coloring

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Gorgeous Mags, i love everything about it.Your colouring is just excellent!
    (hugs)
    trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mag, this is gorgeous as always! I love how it looks like she is surrounded by smoke or fog! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Mag and thanks for the technique. It looks awesome!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mag I'm such a huge fan of your work. Your colouring and shading is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super work Mag!! This card is really great. I love this stamp. Your coloring is such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning Mag! I really love the sentiment you paired here, just perfect. And the lace... OOOOOOOOOOO LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete