Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Connie-Funky Mermaid

Isn't this the most outrageous mermaid you ever saw??  Talk about a fish with an attitude!  You will find the entire plate HERE
I was playing with a new punch set that reminded me of seashells....
I folded a piece of text paper into quarters and punched my shape, then unfolded and used it as a template for sponging around my mermaid image.  I stamped a Sweet Pea saying on the Prima flower before adding a button and some sparkly fibers.  
Colored with Copics and at the last minute (I could not resist) placed a small rhinestone on her belly button for even more pizazz!!
To tell you the truth, she just looked like a mermaid who would have a body piercing!!

8 comments:

  1. got to love this image, you made an adorable card using it, Connie. I love you stamped the flower. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie she is just cute!! That added bling to her belly is just cute!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sure is sassy! What a fun and fresh card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks great! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! Connie, you ae so creative with your use of materials! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie, I totally LOVE the rhinestone in her belly button...... that is a great card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable and sassy mermaid Connie! Love those punches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I still LOVE this image, she just has such attitude!

    ReplyDelete