Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A peaceful angel

This peaceful looking angel is only one of the 4 images that can be found on Sweet Pea plate #17, along with 4 verses that will warm your heart.
I created a background on white glossy cardstock with blue and purple alcohol inks... I love these color combinations! I stamped the angel image with black India ink and cut out the image. I mounted it onto silver metallic card stock and then put the rest of the card together before placing her in the center slightly to the left. The base is a purple card with a silver ribbon wrapped and tied to the left edge, close to the spine. I cut a piece of blue card stock and ran both the left and right edge through the Cuttlebug with one of the border embossing folders. The blue card stock was attached along the right side of the card. I cut a piece of decorative card stock so that it would fit onto the blue piece between the embossed edges, attached it, and then attached the image. Wouldn't this make a great thank you, or thinking or you, or even a Christmas card!!
Chrissy

8 comments:

  1. Lovely Chrissy. Great color combo!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combination on the glossy paper background

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! So soft and peaceful! Great job! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you did the colors on this. FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the muted softness and colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Chrissy! Love the purple and blue alcohol inks!

    ReplyDelete