Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cards using the Ching-Chou Kuik images

This oriental themed image is available on Sweet Pea plate #22. I love the pinks and blues so those are the colors I chose to paint this image with.... I used my Twinkling H2O's to do just that! I trimmed the image and mounted it onto decorative card stock that also seemed to have an oriental theme. Before selecting and attaching the next layer of matting I attached a silver dragonfly brad in the upper left and 2 flower petals with a colored brad in the lower left. I then mounted the decorative card stock piece onto a slightly larger pink metallic card stock. I selected a pink card and used a corner/photo punch in the lower right corner before inserting and attaching the matted piece to the front of the card.






I've always liked frogs!! Maybe that is what draws me to this image which is also available on Sweet Pea plate #22, along with the image used above, two other images, and 3 versatile verses.
I painted the image with Twinkling H2O's and a water brush and then trimmed close to the image.I chose colored card stock that would help bring out the colors I used to paint with. I trimmed the green cardstock slightly smaller than the gold card, leaving a little extra off the left side since I knew I wanted to add the ribbon. I punched both the right and left side of the green card stock with an EK success border punch that not only cut the zig zag pattern, but also embosses dashed lines along the edge. The decorative paper used under the image was given to me by a friend; it was a great addition to the card. And the ribbon, which I had purchased for autumn themed cards, was also a great match.
Have fun with these and all the other Sweet Pea stamps!!!
Chrissy

6 comments:

  1. simply gorgeous Chrissy! I really like the spring moony night image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the first card with soft colors !!!
    Gorgeous
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! The little dragonfly on the first one is such sweet touch! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that little dragonfly is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute cards, aren't these stamps fun to play with?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute Chrissy! Love your creative layouts!

    ReplyDelete