Saturday, January 9, 2010

Light of my Path


©ching-chou kuik's Spring-Moony-Night

As much as I love the 'clean & simple' style, sometimes I love to play with bold, bright colors. Right now I am really loving the teal blues and oranges. Can you tell? With our Christmas blizzard which kept us house-bound, I was able to just sit and color. It took me a while to get back into the rhythm. But this beauty, ©ching-chou kuik's Spring-Moony-Night from Plate 22 literally inspired me to play with those bold, bright colors of Copic markers that I tend to shy away from. The card came together relatively quickly too.... scrap paper from my stash of scraps. The ribbon is recycled. It was part of the packaging from a gift journal. The sentiment is also from Plate 22 and as is the norm for me.... worked perfectly to hide a little 'oops'!

Have you seen the newest stamp release by ©ching-chou kuik's 'Fantasy Art Collection'? Absolutely beautiful! Make sure to head over to the Sweet Pea Stamp shop and check them out.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Don't forget to send us your creations with any of the Sweet Pea Stamps!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bright colors you used, wonderful card and perfect colouring !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card, love the bold coloring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micki this is my favorite of your all creations
    yet. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! What an amazing color play, love that half circle in the background, absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the coloring, esp the blue on the mermaid. It's so rich looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is beautiful!! I have all of these beautiful stamps , just waiting on the new release!! I don't want to put these away!! I am having so much fun coloring these beautiful images!! I love the colors you chose for this card!!
    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Micki! THis is beautiful! I love the bold bright colors and your layout! My eye keeps following that curved edge with the 3 accents right to the gorgeously colored image! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beuatiful Micki! The bright and bold colors are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stunning Micki!!! Love these bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete