Sunday, January 17, 2010

Egypt Mermaid

This beautiful mermaid comes from Plate #22 and is called Egypt Mermaid. I love her exotic look and fancy jewelry. I have also used this image and colored in the mid-drift part of the mermaid. It gives the image a totally different look.This image was colored using watercolor pencils with a blender pen. I double layered the image before mounting it on the card and added some flat black buttons as decor. I like how the tones in the image match the cardstock used. I guess to some it seems a little plain, but I sometimes like the image to be the eye-catching part of the card and the embellishments to take a back seat.

Have a great day all!

Holley

8 comments:

  1. Pretty colors and colouring !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color matching Holley! The black accents are perfect.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image, and Holley, you did a wonderful job on your card using it. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Holley and I love the clean lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Not plain at all, love those flat buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Holley! I totally agree - these images are so stunning they deserve to be center stage and I think you did an excellent job of that! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Holley! Love the coloring! Her skin shade is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete