Thursday, December 31, 2009

A beautiful moon

This wonderful Ching-Chou Kuik image is available on Sweet Pea Plate #20.
I started by stamping the image with black India ink and then painting with Twinkling H2O's. I trimmed close to the image and then punched the corners with a 'ticket' punch. After edging with a silver Krylon pen I mounted the image onto silver metallic card and then onto a larger piece of decorative cardstock. Before attaching this all to the card I wrapped a purple ribbon around the right side and simply tied it into a knot. I took 2 paper flowers, painted them with twinkling H2O's, and attached with a gemstone brad to the lower left corner of the mounted image. Rather than center the decorative card stock onto the gray card, I lined it up with the right edge of the card. Sometimes I get too caught up in centering and besides, I think it looks better this way.
Check out this image and all the rest that are waiting for you at Sweet Pea stamps! Chrissy

3 comments:

  1. Love the colors you chose, she turned out very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful :)
    I just used her in a New Year's card and since it is a "blue moon" today, well, the moon is blue for me , LOL

    ReplyDelete