Sunday, November 22, 2015

Jane presents Peace Fairie by Karen Middleton

Hello everybody, hope you are having a good day :)  Time for me to share my Sweet Pea Stamps creation with you.  This card is for my youngest daughter, Nicole so fingers crossed she likes it :) I have used the image Peace Fairie by Karen Middleton which is available as a digi. Isn't she just beautiful and so very peaceful.

This is a pretty straight forward card, I wanted something more classy than funky this year for Nicole.  To begin with I cut and folded my card and then backed it with some Papermania paper from one of their Christmas packs.  The image was coloured with a mixture of Faber Castell Polychromos and Promarkers.  Once the image was coloured I then shaded the background with several shades of green chalks and mounted the image on plain dark green paper.  Next I mounted this on the holly paper which I have also used for the writing area inside the card and a bit more on the front. Finally I distressed the edges of the image mount.

Embellishing this card was hard, it seemed no matter what I did nothing was working so in the end I went down a simple path allowing the beauty of the image and some rather gorgeous trim I have to shine through.  

I have so old brads in my Christmas box and know I am never going to use them as I don't like the pictures on them so thought I would try something - can I recycle them hahaha.  A sharp pair of scissors quickly removed the image and plastic covering and miraculously the smallest of my Spellbinder circle dies was just the right size to use to make a new insert.  Using the same paper as I backed my card I then added my daughters name with peel off letter stickers along with a wee star as I often use the term 'you are a super star' :)  Next I glued this to the brad and added some dimensional Glossy Accents to re-create the plastic covering. Once died I had exactly what I wanted and this is something I think I will be doing a lot more as it is rather cool to have the large brads totally match the creation. 

 The inside of the card was finished off with an off-set writing area using the holly paper I also used on the front. The shape was cut using Spellbinders Labels 20. Finially I added a small spray of crystals and pearls plus a Christmas themed bow.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Peace Fairie by Karen Middleton
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos and Promarkers
  • Papers - Papermania
  • Dies - Spellbinders Labels 20 and Circles
  • From my Stash - ribbon, brad, peel off stickers, gold pen, pearls, crystals sprays, ribbon.
I am entering into the following challenges:-



No comments:

Post a Comment