Sunday, August 16, 2015

Jane presents What Matters by The East Wind (Aurora)


Hi folks, today I am sharing with you the image What Matters by Aurora of The East Wind available in both rubber and as a digi from the store.  I started by colouring the image with Faber Castell Polychromos, I then fussy cut the image ready to go in my journal.

Next I set to preparing the old book I am using for my journal by using Gesso on the pages to cover the text.  Browsing the net the other day I found this awesome background technique and for the life of me can I find it again to give credit to the person - sorry.  Anyway, the background uses crumpled up tissue paper which is applied to the page with a mixture of PVA and water, making sure you leave those crumples in :)  Once dry use an oil pastel and rub gently over the page, the pastel will adhere to the raised crumple bits leaving an awesome textured background, so touchy feely and looking great.
With the background dry I then drew some flowers to match the image and coloured them again with my Polychromos.  Next I used a dark green oil pastel to pick up the raised areas of the tissue paper.
Onto a bit of die cutting, this die is Oriental Ying Yang by Joy Crafts which I cut four of.  I then coloured them with Pan Pastels and added some silver gilding wax.
Finally, I printed my text on acetate and attached it to my page with double sided tape.  To me 'Me Time' is very important and I don't see it as selfish one bit but more a way of building my strength through finding myself (through crafting) and therefore being in a better place to help others more productively :) :) :) 
A few purple stickle swirls and border around the text and a peace brad to finish off and there we have it, all done.

Ingredients:-
Image - What Matters by Aurora of The East Wind available in both rubber and as a digi from the store
Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos, oil pastel, Pan Pastels
Dies - Oriental Ying Yang by Joy Crafts
From my stash - Stickles, gilding wax, peace brad


No comments:

Post a Comment