Sunday, August 9, 2015

Jane presents Lil' Girl Swinging by Art House Designs


For my easel card I have used the gorgeous image Lil' Girl Swinging by Art House Designs available from Sweet Pea Stamps, the image is in digi format.

To begin with I coloured the image with Faber Castell Polychromos.
Next I cut my easel card shape with Spellbinders Grand Circles out of blue card and embossed the base section.  For the frame I have chosen to use, Round 2 by Joy Crafts, I first cut the die and then hand cut the middle section out leaving only the frame.  The removed section is going to be used for the inside of the card.


I made my butterfly using both the die cut and the embossing Spellbinders Les Papillions - 4.  I did not find the die embossed very well no matter what I tried so in the end I used Zig glue to pick up the areas that should have embossed and added white micro fine glitter.  The Happy Birthday text was cut with Spellbinders Sentiments 1 and this was placed on a the blue card cut with Sizzix - 657938.  This was then mounted with foam tape to the inside of the card.
Finally I finished off with White Lace Stickles and Blue Liquid Pearls.

A pretty simple card but I really did not want to over embellish as the image is so pretty and really deserves centre stage :)

Ingredients:-
  • Image -  Lil' Girl Swinging by Art House Designs available from Sweet Pea Stamps, the image is in digi format
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Dies - Spellbinders Grand Circles, Spellbinders Les Papillions - 4, Spellbinders Sentiments 1, Joy Crafts Round 2.
  • From my Stash -  Stickles, Liquid Pearls, micro fine white glitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment