Sunday, September 14, 2014

Variation Week Jane's view

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps for our Variation Week where the whole team are using the Charity Dunhauer's Wild Heart.

To begin with I coloured the image with my Promarkers.  This was not an easy task as I wanted black hair, black clothes and red for the roses and hearts, probably the two hardest colours I find to colour with.  Although I love my Promarkers, there is nothing to blend with the black, the five different gray blending sets have nothing that comes between black and their darkest colour.  This time I have tried using the black Spectrum Noir pencil to help, not sure if I like the outcome though.
 Promarkers and other colouring mediums used
 I used papers from the Crafters Companion - Jan 2014 - Roses are Red.  The paper was used as a backing mount for the card, the tag and a bit added to the inside of the card.  For the sentiment topper I created a simple sentiment - Love needs no words as the image has a 'stitched' mouth (I guess that is most mens wish women had hahaha).  The base layer of the sentiment topper was a lace motif.
 The inside of the card.
The final embellishment to the card was a lovely lace bow finished off with red roses and a small crystal charm.

 Finished card
Ingredients
  • Image -  Charity Dunhauer's Wild Heart
  • Promarkers, SN blendable pencils
  • Dies - Spellbinders Standard Circlels
  • Backing paper - Crafters Companion - Jan 2014 - Roses are Red
  • Ribbon, lace roses and crystal charm from my stash
Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a happy crafting day ahead :)

1 comment: