Monday, August 4, 2014

Alien, Jane's view

Hi folks, it is my turn again to showcase an image from the Sweet Pea Stamps store, this time I have chosen Joanne Schempp's Alien.  As I am using this card as a One Sweet Challenge example I followed the theme of this months challenge - Turn Up The Heat, how about popping over and joining in :) :)

To begin with I printed the image three time, one on card for colouring and the other two to used for masking while I airbrushed the background and red planet.
 Next I coloured the image with Promarkers.  I have deliberately left the ground very pale as I did not want this to represent cold which needed heating up from the red planet, one of the takes on the theme, the other take being 'Hot Stuff' as she is rather a hot woman hahaha.  To finish off the image I used clear embossing powder on the head piece and band accessories just to add a bit of texture.
 I do love lace on a card and although this is a card made for a bloke and lace is not really their thing I do think it provides the texture to the black base card and as most of it will be covered with the image and border I think any block will just accept it and not feel it is to girly :)
To finish the card I added black line sticker to edge the image.  For the border I used the Sizzix - Deco Floral Bead die.  The text was cut using the Tattered Lace - retro alphabet die.  A few black glitter self adhesive dots were added too.

Ingredients:-
  • Digi -  Joanne Schempp's Alien
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Sizzix - Deco Floral Bead die and Tattered Lace Retro Alphabet
  • Lace, black line sticker and black self adhesive dots from my stash
Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a happy crafting day ahead :) xx

1 comment:

  1. Totally love your coloring and the gorgeous lace on this card. Awesome

    ReplyDelete