Monday, July 14, 2014

Variation Week: Jane's View

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps for our Variation Week.  This week all the DT are creating an item using the cute image 'Molly- What A Catch' by Heather Valentin. This image is only available in rubber.

To begin with I coloured the background of the image wit blendable pencils.  Not sure why the are called blendable as I can't get a nice smooth finish with these but never mind, they serve the purpose for now.
 Once that was done I coloured the image with Promarkers.
Promarkers used.
 For this project I am altering a note book so to start off I removed the spiral hold.

Next, and I have forgotten to take picture lol, I covered the front cover with navy hand made paper then added some blue mesh.  The digi was cut with X-Cut Scalloped Circles. Using another paper I have which has a snake skin texture I then embossed it with an embossing folder that looks a bit like fish scales.  This too was cut with the same die as the digi.  To finish off the edges I used pearls and Ice Stickles.
 The fish were cut using Joy Craft fish die.
Now I don't have any Frantage but I am playing at making something similar.  Here I have some Mica which I picked up from and onld (1940's) disused mine hubby and I found when on holiday down under.  It is such fun stuff lol.  I have flaked off a few pieces and chopped them up with scissors.
Using thick embossing powder which I applied to the cover I then sprinkled my mica fragments on top and heated from underneath to melt.
 Onto making a charm for the pencil using fishing line, pearl beads and a shell charm.
 I coloured a small pencil with Rock Pool Promarker and then finished off with some Extreme Glitter paint.
 And here we have the finished wee pencil
I love the way these pencils fit perfectly into the spring coil <g>
 And here is the finished creation.


Ingredients
  • Digi -  'Molly- What A Catch' by Heather Valentin
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Joy Crafts fish and X-Cut Scalloped Circles
  • Ice Stickles
  • Embossing folder
  • Book, pearls, charm, pencil, mica, thick embossing powder from my stash
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have lots of crafting fun ahead of you :) :) xxx

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is soo cool. Love the use of the Mica on it. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely project, that mica touch is gorgeous as is your coloring

    ReplyDelete
  3. really like this project
    great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little notebook - love the mica pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project, Mimi! Great colors also!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete