Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wisteria by Meredith Dillman

I still remember when I got my first Meredith Dillman stamp. Her unique way of drawing makes these images so much fun to color. And I often find myself really playing with light and shadow, when I work on one of her images. Like this gorgeous Wisteria.

I used Copics to color her, and chalks for the background. I find chalks so easy to use when adding just a little bit of color to the background. The Copics I used are:

Skin: E0000, E000, E00 E11
Wings: RV00, RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99
Wood: E43, E44, E47, E49
Dress: BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78
Leaves: G82, G85, G94, G99
Hair: E50, E53, E55, E27
Butterflies: Y32, Y35, Y38, E15


I didn't really have papers that matched the colors of her wings or dress. But the greens match the leaves perfectly and I think the brown and pink in the papers compliment the aqua and purple on the image. I wanted the card to have a real girly and elegant feel, so I added lace and a few dew drops, as well as skeleton leaves, to give it a sense of being fragile to the touch.



The stamp is available at the Sweet Pea Stamp store as a digi and rubber stamp.
Thanks so much for stopping by today
-Lina

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Love the colors and your coloring too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lina, gorgeous, I love this image and you did a stunning job with it. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous image and you colored her beautifully. Love that lace and the stitching. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! It´s stunning! LOVE how the tree and dress is colored! Amazing! So much life in it!! Hugs Milo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicate creations Lina, so many points of interest but not cluttered, you did a great job with this one hun :) :) :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning piece, Lina! Love your coloring and all your embellishments make everything work together. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete