Friday, June 27, 2014

Guest Designer - Carla Suto

Hi! I'm Carla Suto and I am thrilled to have been invited to be one of the Sweet Pea Stamps Guest Designers for June!  My creation features an image by artist, Mitzi Sato-WiuffSweet Pea Stamps carries many of her wonderful images as rubber stamps.

For my card, I've used Mitzi's Grumpy Fae with Acorn on a Mushroom.  I just love the expression on this little fae's face!


I turned the mushrooms into whimsical toadstools with my coloring.  The whole image is colored with Copic markers.  I added some highlights with Crystal Stickles (the wings), a Sharpie White Paint Pen (the berries) and White Opal Liquid Pearls (the toadstools).


A decorative punched border, a few paper roses and a butterfly punched from matching designer paper finished my card. 

Thanks for stopping by and many thanks to Sweet Pea Stamps for giving me the opportunity to be a Guest Designer and share my project with you today!

~Carla

11 comments:

  1. Carla this is soooo darn adorable. You did an awesome job coloring this. I am so glad you wanted to be a guest designer as your work is awesome. I love what you did with the mushroom and the colors on this are gorgeous. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I am so glad you came to play with us!!! This grumpy little fae is so cute and you colored her so beautifully!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Carla. I love the dots you added to the mushroom, and your background paper with green accents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally cute. Love your coloring, and how well everything matches together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic coloring and love the glitter accents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, this is just stunning, such beautiful colouring on Grumpy Fae and the colour scheme carried throughout your creation makes this real eye candy :) :) :) Just love it hun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! Love the punched border and how you used layers. Sweet coloring! Hugs Milo <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carla! This is such a wonderful project. As you know, I am in awe of your coloring and your paper projects. This one is so cute. Thanks for being our Guest Designer. I hope you are back with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, Carla! Beautiful coloring and lovely colors!
    Hugs, Sande xx

    ReplyDelete