Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have opted to use The dragonfly by Ching Chou Kuik
I haven't made an easel card for ages so thought I would make one for this card. The digi, being in a circle shape was just perfect for a circular easel card I think. To begin with I digitally designed the base layer and the coloured shading for the front, also adding two circles of dragonflies, printed very lightly so they are just visible but would not distract from the digi. (oops re the photo - I obviously had something blocking the light LOL)
Next I got out my watercolour paints, they have not seen the light of day for a few years and painted the background of the digi with a mixture of purple and cyan. Once that was dry (after my cup of coffee) I then coloured the digi with Promarkers.
To finish off the digi I used Crystal Stickles on the wings of the dragonflies and the trim of the dress. Gems were added to the centre of each flower and Lilac Liquid Pearls to the circular surround.
I should have mentioned that the print outs were then attached to purple card and cut with Spellbinders Grand Circles. For the easel section I folded more purple card in half and used the same Spellbinder die to but it. Some small dragonfly brads were added to the inside layer and more Lilac Liquid Pearls around the inner circular area to match the front of the card.
I really fancied some lace on this card and decided to place it around the back, slightly ruffling it. The lace was attached with a strong adhesive to the lower section which will be covered by the card top and also just in the centre area on the part that will be visible. Then I cut a small scalloped circle with Spellbinders Scalloped Circles and cut it in half. A few more Lilac Liquid Pearls and time for more coffee while all this was drying.
Once dry I attached the semi circle in location to cover up the glue which would otherwise be visible on the completed card.
The inside needed a little something extra so out with some skeleton leaves which I airbrushed with Promarkers the I rummaged through some of my flowers and found an almost perfect match. The centre was wrong so I pulled this out and used the a gem, the same as I used of the flowers in the digi, then added some Stickles and Liquid Pearls to the centre.
So here we have the completed card.
Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a happy crafting day :) :) :) Hugs Jane