Sunday, February 2, 2014

Kym's Weekly Post - Sunday 2/2/14

February is here and therefore it is time for another challenge over at the One Sweet Challenge Blog. The topic for this month is "love" so this could be Valentine's Day, wedding, anniversary or anything that means "love".
For my card I have used the Sweet Pea Stamps image by Joanne Schempp called "Lil Demon". It is available as a digital stamp and a rubber stamp

I have coloured the image in with Graph'it pens and then inked around the edge with various flower and hearts small stamps. The backing papers are from Summertime Designs. I have finished the card off with some satin ribbon, some white paper flowers which I have inked with Tim Holtz's Fired Brick distress ink, gems and some little wooden circles that I have coloured with my Graph'it pens and added peel-offs to make the word "love".
**************************************************
Here is another card I have to share with you today.

At the moment in the Sweet Pea Stamps Shop there is a Digi Sale on Easter, St Patrick's Day and Steampunk images whereby you get 20% off.
Here is a card I have made using Joanne Schempp's image called "Irish Chic". It is available as a digital stamp (and as mentioned above it's got 20% off at the moment) and as a rubber stamp.
I wanted to keep the colour scheme to green so used my Promarkers as I have virtually all of the greens. I have inked around the edge with Tim Holtz's Peeler Paint distress ink and layered the image onto a tag. I made the four leaf clover template myself and then drew around it onto the papers I printed out from Bearly Mine Designs from the Mini Dots Collection and the Boy's Zone. 

Around the crumpled paper layer I distressed with a pair of scissors as my Tim Holtz couldn't get into all the nooks and crannies. I have used a Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die for the large and small flowers which I have cut out from a book and coloured with my Bright Green and Grass Promarkers.

I have finished the card off with some fibres, card candi, sentiment, buttons, pearl dots, cheesecloth, pearls and a charm with memory wire threaded through.

8 comments:

  1. I love both cards Kym, they are gorgeous. Especially the clovercard is fab! Big hugs, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are awesome. I love the Clover card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh fab job on both cards..
    LOVE them
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just fabulous and so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I totally love both of these images. The first card it's great in all reds. I love the shape on the second one. Beautiful. Cheers Holley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've been busy. I love the shamrock project. My friends call me the anti Tim Holtz because I don't distress stuff. I'm bling, bright colors and dripping,y sweet. I myself like seeing how I would spin his ideas. He's quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, as usual, Kym. :D

    I love the shamrock shape of your St Patrick's Day card, what a fab idea! The Joanne Schempp image is, of course, perfect for the occasion! :D

    Love all the reds and pinks of your Valentine card too and the gorgeous image. :)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant idea on your shamrock woozers to both gorgeous cards. Lovely as always.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete