Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tranquility

This week I've chosen to play with one of Concetta Kilmer's newest digi stamps - this lovely image called Tranquility:
I actually coloured this image a couple of weeks ago and decided to go with fresh colours of yellow and blue...
...then coincidentally I popped into my local craft shop this week and picked up this gorgeous new die (which I just *had* to play with straight away! :D) and these lovely flowers which were pretty much a perfect colour match for the colour scheme I'd used on the image! Perfect timing or what? :)
So I decided to carry through the colour scheme for the rest of the card and used turquoisey-blue and warm yellow cardstock and papers. I kept the design fairly simple, attaching the cut-out image with foam tape and adding ribbon, my die-cut frame and the flowers and a few gems to finish.
You can buy this image in either red rubber or digi format at the Sweet Pea Stamps store.
And don't forget the scrapbooking challenge stickied at the top of this blog - you've got until 6 May to enter! :)

7 comments:

  1. I love that color palette Ali....so pretty together! Gorgeous frame and I like the white edging you gave to it.
    Connie


















    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, so pretty and that frame is gorgeous with this image. The positions of the flowers are perfect. Gorgeous layout on this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, Ali! The colour choice you chose is so lovely. And also love the frame!
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cool, great color scheme!!

    Hugs, Randi

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely card, your coloring on this card is gorgeous and I love the papers that you matched together for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors and cool coloring. That frame is soo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the color combo! great card!

    ReplyDelete