Friday, April 19, 2013

Variations Week: Holley's View

In honor of Mother's Day this week the whole team is making cards using Under Her Wings from Sweet Pea stamps artist Concetta Kilmer. This cute stamp is available both in rubber stamp and digi-stamp format.  Here's my take on this gorgeous stamp, I must say that I do just love owls!!
For Mother's Day, I decided to color up the largest owl in beautiful pinks with some light browns.  I used a fun diecut from Nellie Snellin to trim out the image. I used chalk ink of the butterfly impressions on the corners to highlight that and then added flowers and diecuts all in pinks.  I guess with four little owls here and since I am one of four siblings, this card would be perfect.

I hope you have loved seeing so many creations with this beautiful stamp this week.  Concetta Kilmer has so many adorable owl images, be sure to check out her creations at the Sweet Pea store.

Cheers, Holley

8 comments:

  1. Love the pinks Holley! I also like the dies you used, especially the "fronds".
    Great work!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable Holley, love it in this color. The diecuts on here are awsome. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card, Holley! Love your choice of colours and all the die cuttings. Also the flowers are a perfect touch.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers are always so great and it's perfect here! Love Pink and Brown together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello gorgeous!!! Who don't like Pink, i know i love lol. So cheery and happy card.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! I love the bold pink and the contrast of the white... and all those beautiful filigree die-cuts - that frame is gorgeous! :)

    This is such a bright, cheerful card and your colouring is lovely.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable, love the color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you would say what colour combination in the copics u use as I am new to using copics and have this stamp and would love some colour combinations to help me get started.

    ReplyDelete