Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Steampunk Goes Cute

I just *love* this new Pink Girl digi stamp from Marlon Teunissen - it's cute and quirky, a little bit steampunk, a little bit sweet lolita, and a whole lot of fun. :)
I decided to go with a steampunk theme for my card but also a cute/sweet lolita style so I coloured the image with my Promarkers in shades of pastel pink and blue:
I recently picked up these papers from the new Chronology collection from Papermania and they were just perfect for this card. I inked the edges with soft grey ink and teamed them with some ribbon and lace and a greeting cut from textured matt silver card and then embossed with the Chronology embossing folder - despite its matt surface, this silver card has a lovely sheen when the light hits it:
I finished things off with a couple of Maya Road butterfly hatpins. :)
Ali x x

12 comments:

  1. Love this Ali - I too got this image - hope mine turns out half as good as yours - it's stunning.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this stamp? It is stunning!! I love how you turned her into a major production Ali. Love the big bold words!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-La-La! Love everything about it. Love that background, and your shiny word Hello.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute, really an eyecatcher - love the colors and layers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely LOVE your card, Ali!! The layout you created is brilliant... the die cutted and embossed 'hello' is a perfect accent, and so are the wheels! Also love the background papers. She is coloured so beautiful and it looks great that you placed her to the corner.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Ali! All the extras you added is gorgeous. I really like your Hello you added. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! This is just too cute - and still so cool! Love what you did with this stamp!
    Hugs, Randi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ali! Love your cute steampunk, and all the soft colors!! She is really a cutie and wonderful colored!! Love the "metalic text" too!
    Hugs Gry

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, I was already in love with this stamp when I saw her, and now that you have made a card with her, I am SO excited. Your work is amazing. I love the light pink with grey. Stunning. Those white highlights are perfect. AND the card behind her is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, it's totally my colors! So lovely! Amazing! Im looking forward to see her jumps into my postbox. :)
    Hugs Milo <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. A cute, fun and quirky card. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete