Friday, May 11, 2012

Moonlit Companions

Checkout this stunning image from Sweet Pea stamps artist Rebecca Sinz called Moonlit Companions (Plate # 197).  Isn't she beautiful?  Be sure to check the artist's coloring so you can how different she looks with the brown tones I added in my card here.  I think she would also look stunning if I had made her hair a really rich shade of brown to match the skirt or a fiery red color like the dragon.
I used several layers of specialty papers and long border punched papers to add some highlights along with some beautiful Prima flowers to add just a little touch of embellishment.  I think this image is just so stunning that it really stands out all on its own.
Hope this card has inspired you to make a beautiful card this week.  Have you seen the newest images from this artist? Plate #205 was released recently and tons of wonderful examples have been created by the design team, be sure to take a look at Rebecca's stunning images.   Have a crafty weekend.

Cheers, Holley

8 comments:

  1. Love the rich color Holley! All the fancy paper edges go well with this one and that dragon is the perfect color!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty card Holley, love the bordered paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. You could totally colour this up for a "Game of Thrones" card. Look a whole new audience for your stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~Great idea from Butlerfly24 - there is a girl with white hair who is the mother of dragons in Game of Thrones.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holley, wow this turned out really pretty. Your coloring is awesome and I love the color flowers you picked for this image. This is truly amazing, lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Holley and one of my favorite images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I never thought about the Game of Thrones woman, that's so clever, I will have to do one up with the gorgeous white hair that lady has. thanks for hte wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your coloring is beautiful. I really like the way you do with shadows.
    Hugs Milo

    ReplyDelete