Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Peony and the birdcaged!

Hi Everyone,
For my card today, I colored up  "Peony" and it's one of my favorite by the amazing artist ching-chou kuik who's whole collection you can find HERE.!
This image, "Peony", can you find here,on  plate 97.:)
Sometimes it's hard for me to start coloring, but Sweet Pea Stamps stamps weave their own enchantment over me by the time I'm finished coloring the image:).
I coloring this beauty with my Copics:).
The flowers are a mix of Prima, and this beautiful DP is from Pion Design!



This bird cage and bird are from a Tim Holtz dies, and I've added some brown Sisal grass inside the cage, to make it look like a nest!:) On the bird I've used tissue paper.
All the edges are distressed with Distress ink-Vintage Photo, and sewed with my sewing machine!:)

Here is a close up of the image, beautiful "Peony", and you can find here HERE
*
Hurry over to the Sweet Pea Stamps shop today!!!! You'll be glad you did!;)
Thank you for stopping by, and your sweet comments!

Hugs, Ellen

10 comments:

  1. Wow Ellen, very pretty. Love the added white picket fence. This is GORGEOUS, all the white in the background is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Ellen. I like the off-white accents you used and the "half fence" (wonderful composition!)
    I used that same Tim bird/cage die recently but with tinfoil...like yours much better!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful Ellen, love the story it tells. those embellishment and layout are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous creation, Ellen. Love everything on your card; beautiful colours; so soft, and a fabulous layout and embellishment. The cage and bird looks so great.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ellen this is so beautiful. I love the fence and the birdcage die. I also LOVE the colors you chose for her. So gorgeous Ellen.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen I love the way you embellish your cards. You have a gift for being able to make it work. Loving the soft colours and I do like mint green and violet together one of my favourite colour combos.
    Fabulous job as usual.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwww, what a beautiful card. Nice coloring and lovely details.

    Hugs Astrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty. I so love the softness you bring to things Ellen. The extra work with all the die cuts, inking, stitching, layers, it really makes this beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Ellen, that sewing is over the top and the diecuts you used are WOW. I just love the layering and the extra photos you took show us all the great details. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful! I love the colors you used all all your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete