Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Connie-Darya


Don't you just love this pretty image by Sweet Pea artist Elaine Cox?  Her name is "Darya".
I tried to give her an undersea look and those patches on her skin are meant to be
foam or bubbles I think.....

Supplies:

Sweet Pea Stamp "Darya" by Elaine Cox, plate #133
dp by echo park paper co. "Metropolitan"
flourish vine die by Marianne Designs
frame die by Spellbinders "Fleur De Lis Pendant"
flower die by Magnolia
Copic markers and Spica pens
brads by Oriental Trading Co.

I always insert a scrap of wax paper between my die and the paper I am cutting
for ease in removing from die.  This time I left the wax paper cutout on the upper
flower as I thought it softened the look a bit...what do you think?
I also cut apart the frame diecut to fit around my image.

Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to check out Sweet Pea Stamps
to see the other gorgeous images by this same artist on this plate.

Connie

11 comments:

  1. Oh absolutely beautiful!! I love your color combo!!! Have a wonderful day!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, gorgeous. I love this image and you did a beautiful job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful Connie- I love the 'extra' flower! Cutting apart the frame is another one of those 'brilliant Connie' things I would never think of! Love all I learn from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie... i love how you colored her... she looks so pretty and innocent... great job! the die cuts are really fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Connie. The doily flower and floral dies are amongst my most favorites.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Connie, it's neat how the skin turned out with your technique. I love the coloring on this card. You are always coming up with something new and great to teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I like the way you did the flower. I also like how you made the tail pop with two colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful work Connie, love those flowers, the are wonderful complement to the image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I just love the aqua and green colours here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW So Beautiful!! you did amazing, love it! TFS
    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on this Connie. I love the image, colors and all those gorgeous dies you used. I am loving this card more and more the more I look at it.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete