Monday, November 28, 2011

Connie-Sexy Goth



I've been anxious to work with this gorgeous image by Sweet Pea Stamps 
artist Teresa Sherman
from plate #177 titled
"Sexy Goth"
ever since I first got her.
Today is just cold enough outside to justify being indoors here 
so I took full advantage of the weather!

Supplies:
SP image by Teresa Sherman plate 177
Nesties "Labels 14"
flourish die by Memory Box "Elegant Scrollwork"
flower die by Magnolia "Doohickeys"
small brads by Oriental Trading Co.
small hole punch-McGill
glue pen by Zig
corner rounder by Creative Memories
dp by DCWV "Mariposa"
Copic markers/airbrushing
white paint by Copic

**TIP:  when you need a thin border around a diecut and do not have
or want to buy another whole set just trace around the outside edge
of the die you are using and cut that out by hand, layering
beneath your diecut.  It makes a much cleaner edge than 
using a bigger die (which gives a border too wide IMO)**

Thanks for stopping by!
Be sure to stop over at
and check out the fabulous SALE going on right now!!
Connie

11 comments:

  1. love the mat, flourishs and the color - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Connie, LOVE the colors on this. You did a fabulous job on this image. The card is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I love that image and you have colored her so beautifully! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The is gorgeous Connie - fabulous design and details. Absolutely love your flourish.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Connie... You did an amazing job and i love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that image. Sexy Goth was the first stamp that I got from that artist. I love the card you made with her. And the tip you gave about making a border, so clever! I don't know how that never dawned on me, but now that you have pointed it out, I am gonna use that tip!!

    Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Connie! She is beautiful in teal. I just love your work ever so much! Thank you for the tip about the border. I never think of this stuff on my own and LOVE that you share!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the aqua you used and your coloring of her is beautiful. I love the shine you have been getting on their hair. So pretty.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the layering and papers and details! This image is adorable and your colors are soo beautiful!!
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, love the blue background. It all looks like an underwater scene. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job Connie!!! Love this and that is a fabby Tip! thank you!

    ReplyDelete