Friday, October 7, 2011

Connie Fong's Cherry Blossoms

OOOOHHHH!!! I loved this stamp when i saw it! It reminded me of my favorite movie... Memoirs of a Geisha...when they were in the garden... surrounded by the cherry blossoms... and she was with the chairman...GORGEOUS...BUT,I digress...
Anyway... I colored this image with distress inks after I stamped it onto watercolor paper with stazon jet black. I really love the soft effect of the watercoloring and how it adds to the peacefulness of this stamp. I added some stickles to the center and then of course flowers and glitter and all kinds of shiny stuff.

Here is a closeup... thanks for popping in and see ya soon... I just got a ton of new stamps... some more time available and I am ready to get crackin!
Oh yeah, on my blog,in honor of the new contest here I am offering blog candy! Stop by Dawns Rubber Room to check it out! 

11 comments:

  1. Great card, love the colors and all the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Dawn. Beautiful butterflies and dress - love those colours together.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous art Dawn!! Love the softness you have attained with this one.
    The depth is also amazing.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Dawn. Love the colors and the bling on the flowers. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning coloring, and I love the centers in the blossoms you did. And the gems in her hair, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Dawn! It is so soft and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice card Dawn. I just love Connie Fong's work and you made her look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Dawn. The colors look so beautiful on this image. I also love the way you colored the cherry blossoms.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh..soo beautiful colurs, image and diecut together! Love the depth in the flowers and the pearlmaker in the middle!
    Your colouring of her hair is just fantastic Dawn!! Love the highlight in it♥!!:)
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn your coloring on this is perfect, very pretty. very stunning

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love those images so much and will play with them soon. You made such a wonderful card with it, Dawn. The colours you used are fabulous.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete