Monday, August 1, 2011

Urban Friend

Hi Everyone,

For my card today, I finished coloring a very handsome, sporty and hip young guy from Plate #140:

I know you guys are probably getting tired of hearing me say: “….. messed up on coloring” but once again, I did. I used a white gel pen to add highlights and got carried away (on the hair and the eyes).
Figuring I can save it with some brown pencils, which it kind of did if you don’t look too close, lo.

I also decided to use my skyline die-cut which I thought goes perfectly with this urban, hip image. And, since this is a masculine card, I was able to use some old paper scraps.
Fun, fun image! And definitely fun to color. If you haven’t had a chance to check out this or any of other wonderful stamps, you are missing out . Be sure to head over to Sweet Pea Stamps for the latest.

12 comments:

  1. I think we are our own worst critics lol.This looks fantastic! I just adore that skyline die :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fail to see anything wrong with your coloring Micki...first rate as usual. I like your work today and love that skyline! Thought about getting it and now I know I "need" to have one...LOL
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s so difficult to make a card to a boy, but this is terrific!
    xoxo Kicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skyline diecut and the sentiment. This is a wonderful creation and perfectly 'boyish' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the skyline is the perfect touch! your coloring is great, I don't think anyone would pick up that you had made mistakes on it. great card for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Micki, you did an awesome job on this image. I like what you did with his hair, I think it gave it more texture. This is such great card for an early teen boy. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun and lovely card, Micki. This guy looks so great, beautifully coloured by you. And the die you used is just perfect for it.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute and I love the way it turned out. It can be so hard for me to do masculine style cards, so this card is great inspiration for me. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Micki, I think he looks great and the papers and die you used just finish him off perfect.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that this is a fabulous coloring job! Those gel pens do have a tendency to want to be used for more than a few streaks here and there...I have the same problem. You covered it well. Love the layout, especially the skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow...this is so stunning...so rich and warm colors. Love your colouring and all the gel pen you've you have used♥!! so nice with the "city" die, and these stamped words!!
    Hugs, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  12. This guy is adorable... Love him and he way you colored it is wonderful...I cant see mistakes... !

    ReplyDelete