Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Halloween in July

Hi my dear Sweet Pea lovers out there. Karina here today. I have three cards to share with you today. Have fun look at them.

Lately I was so much in the mood for making a Halloween card. No wonder if you see those gorgeous new stamps of the fabulous artist ching-chou kuik. Take a look at them HERE. For my card I used 'Duo' and you can find it on plate # 148. On this plate you can find three more amazing Halloween themed image, and comes as a single stamp as well. 

For this card I used a paper I love so much. It is perfect for Halloween themed cards. It is from My Mind's Eye and is called Blackbird. The borders I punched out is from the backside of this paper. I used a grass die from Magnolia for this. Coloured as mostly with Distress Inks on heavy Watercolour Paper.


The next card is made with another beautiful stamp from the ching-chou kuik's Fantasy Art collection. It is an elder one but still one of my faves. This beauty is called 'Purple Comfort' and you can find this stamp on plate # 47, where she comes with three more amazing images. Available as a single stamp as well on SALE right now!!

For this card I used this wonderful paper from Bo Bunny called Jazmyne Twilight. Border die is from Magnolia and the flowers by Wild Orchid Crafts. The gems and ribbon is from my stash. Coloured as well with Distress Inks on 300 gram Watercolour Paper.



And the third and last card I show you today is made with an image by the wonderful artist Karen Middleton. It is called 'Fairy Friends'. You can find this sweet image on plate # 114 together with three more cute images. And is available as a single stamp as well.

For this card I challenged myself with not using any designer papers. So instead I took out my embossing folders which gives a nice effect as well. I distressed it a bit to give it more effect. I really use those folders too less. I guess I have to change that. The leaf punch is from Martha Stewart, the other ones are from Spellbinders. The other embellishments are from my stash. And coloured here again with Distress Inks on heavy Watercolour paper.



I hope you enjoyed taking a journey through my latest creations. I am glad you've visited us which is always so much appreciated. Have a wonderful and magical day.

Hugs, Karina

12 comments:

  1. the cards are so beautiful! Mostly I love the second one - it is very gentle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Karina!! All 3 are totally awesome but my absolute favorite is the first one, "Duo".
    I love everything about it, the colors, your layout and especially that fab frame you used.
    Who makes the frame? Is it a die? I gotta know please!!
    TFS
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karina, these are all amazing, your coloring is so awesome. I love the Fairie Friends. Your layouts are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karina, absolutely love how you color with Distress Inks.... (tutorial, please :-)

    Duo is my favorite.... although all 3 are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an AMAZING job on all of these cards! i love the colors and of your course your coloring is simply stunning!Your bow on number 2 is awesome and the layout on number 3 is awesome... but the way you used the punch on number 1 is what makes you an artist!
    great job on these hun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your work is so lovely! it is too hard to choose a favorite, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are so soft and lovely! Love how you colored them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all fabulous - you've been busy :) I especially like the pink one. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Karina, WOW!! I just LOVE the first card. That is awesome color combination and stuning look for that chingchou kiuk image. Fabulous. I love the way you trimmed it out, the background paper, the die cut sides, awesome work!! The other two cards are also stunning but my eyes keep going back to the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Karina!!! Your work is so stunning. Great layouts, embellishments, and your coloring is always so beautiful and wet looking. Most images I see colored with distressing inks never look like yours. Wonderful creations.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow oh wow!!! Each of your creations is always a work of art Karina. The details and the colouring is so superb. I could look at your projects all day.

    ReplyDelete