Saturday, June 4, 2011

Celebrating mommy






















In Sweden we celebrate mother's day on may 29:th this year, so here is a card for all the mothers out there. I have used the popular field of poppies by ching chou kuik from plate 86. I immediately thought of this image when I pulled out the papers. My mom loves red so I wanted to make a bright card for her. I coloured the image with promarkers and used different spellbinders for the circle, borders and sentiment panel. The text is written by hand and says: "flowers have the sun, children have their mothers." I think the sentiment works so well with this image and is perfect for mother's day.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Katarina. It looks so great how you coloured this lovely image with just the same colours like on the paper. And the sentiment is so nice. Never heard it before but love it!
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katarina, so pretty! I love the shade of green for the circle border and you did a fantastic job on her hair. Like Karina said, the sentiment is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Katarina! Especially the way you did her hair. Your papers and colors go together perfectly.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous. The papers and image DO go well together. Your coloring of her hair is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card, the color choices are beautiful and really flow well with the papers. like the handwritten sentiment also, wish my handwriting was still nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Katarina!! This is just delightful! I love the colours and papers you have chosen for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sentiment is so touching and I love the colors and the layout! You did a wonderful job... and I swore that the sentiment was a stamp... great handwriting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow Katarina, elegant and beautiful and I love how you colored her.... she's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katarina, this is so beautiful and elegant. Your coloring of her matches your paper perfectly. So gorgeous.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Katarina! It's so light and elegant and so intricate at the same time. I love the wonderful cohesion between the image and the paper you selected.

    ReplyDelete