Monday, April 4, 2011

Connie-"The Shore"


Winter has hung on too long here so today I am showing you
how I deal with the cold and snow.
I played with an image from Sweet Pea's Plate #103 by Terra Bidlespacher
titled "The Shore."
You can find this image (as well as others just as 
delightful and fun) by going to


I stamped her with Memento black dye ink onto white glossy.
Then I ran a pc. of wax paper through my 
Cuttlebug to emboss.  I sandwiched the wax paper between
2 pcs. of white glossy (one being this stamped one and other
being blank).  

TIP:  Using 2 glossies with gloss facing each other and wax paper between
will yield 2 background pieces!
I added some text paper above and below and ran a hot iron
over it all until wax had melted and transferred to my glossy pcs.

I then inked a brayer with variegated dye ink pad and
rolled across until I was satisfied with the blending of colors.
The ink will resist where the embossed design melted
onto the glossy....perhaps giving my pretty mermaid a case of measles??

I colored it with Copics, added some netting to represent a fishing net,
some small brass charms and some acrylic alphabet
squares by Scrap Essentials.

Papers are by Anchor Paper.
The netting and charms are from my stash.
Thanks for stopping by!
Connie

16 comments:

  1. Very cute Mermaid) Nice card))) Very gentle colouring)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Åååhh, I can smell and feel the summer when I see this card Connie!:)A
    And I like the bubbles and the fishing net with the nice small brass-charms!:)
    Very beautiful coloring, and stunning work with the hole card!!:)
    Hugs, Ellen:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW- Connie, I am so going to show up at your house and play one day. You do the coolest stuff and have wonderful ideas. I need some lessons!
    I love this creation. The colors and the netting are fabulous and the technique- amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is perfect for this stamp and I absolutely love that background technique and it just is perfect especially for her lower half. I love it Connie....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous technique Connie. Love how the image turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and I will totally have to try that technique as I have a special relationship with my cuttlebug that borders on obsession! I love the colors and the embellishments that you chose! Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute Connie, I love the mesh netting. You have the neatest techniques. This card turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card looks amazing Connie. Love this look it got with this interesting technique. And the net is the perfect addition.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is fabulous Connie. I absolutely love this technique, thank you so much for sharing it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops! I forgot to mention that I masked the upper body of the mermaid before brayering to keep her complexion lighter. I also used the bubble embossing folder (which I also neglected to say).
    It might have been better if I had masked before ironing rather than after??
    Thanks for all your kind comments. I only know that I am more of a "fly-by-the-seat" person so my art doesn't begin to compete with the beautiful creations most of you come up with....but I have a blast doing what I do.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  11. very neat technique! your card as fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a fantastic technique!!! I love it!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing another wonderful technique with us Connie. This stamp is so adorable and your card turned out beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Connie, I love seeing all the techniques you do. I think this is AWESOME!! I can't do any of these fun techniques, well at least I've never tried to do them, but I sure do love looking at yours.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty! I love the little face!

    ReplyDelete