Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rachel Anderson's Twilight Shimmer

















I've been playing with one of the new stamps from Rachel Anderson called Twilight shimmer. I wanted the card to have the same feel as the scrolly wings and after looking throught my WHOLE stash of papers I came across this scrap piece. I coloured the image in the same blue and grey tones and added a glitterpen to the details on her dress and wings.

I made an interesting thing with the stone-part of the image to give it texture. After colouring it with a grey promarker I put a piece of textured paper behind the image and rubbed with a grey watercolour pencil on the stone parts. The rough pattern on the paper behind the image will show through. I used a scrap piece of textured cardstock from bazzil, but if you have a thicker paper that your image is stamped on you might want to use a piece of canvas or similar. It's kind of like the same thing you did when you were a kid when you placed a coin under a paper and rubbed with a pencil. At least that's what I did when I was a kid :)

It's a very simple card really. I used the patterned paper's black line as an elongation of the image. The only thing I added was a damask die on the left hand side that I inked a bit with black. Oh and some pearls in the right hand corner. Sometimes less is more...

12 comments:

  1. I love the soft colors. What an elegant card! Great idea to get texture on the marble part! I remember doing that with a #2 pencil when I was a kid. I never thought to use it when stamping. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katarina, this is so stunning and elegant. I LOVE the colors you used and the the marble stone looks awesome. I love the touch of shimmer on her dress.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color combo Katarina. Love your tale of texture for the stone look!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very dramatic!!! Love the look of the entire creation!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Katarina, I love the colors, so very elegant! Your marble/ stone look is so cool. You did a remarkable job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING! The colors are wonderful, the wings AMAZING and I love the way you did the texture on the stone. You took this image to a whole new level. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oohh I love that color combo and LOVE the touch of glitter on her gown. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Katarina, what a wonderful card you've created. Love everything on it. The paper is so elegant and it is amazing how you coloured the image with the same colour tones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing Katarina!! Love the textured stone!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely colors. the glitter is a wonderful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning creation! That designer paper is just perfection for this! Gorgegous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really gorgeous. I love that paper in the background and the die cuts you added. They go so well with your beautiful coloring

    ReplyDelete