Monday, January 24, 2011

A Couple of Valentines

Hello! I have made a couple of Valentines today with images by Nikki Burnette. The first one uses Ryla from Plate 73. I just love her lingerie and the cute little owl! The paper is is one sheet, with the layered look printed on it. It was a little bigger than I like to make my cards though, so I cut the center pink section out and moved the beige corners in. It still has the same look as the pre-printed piece but is now 5.25 inches square instead of 6. I know that may seem like a lot of effort for such a small change, but I have envelopes that will fit the 5.25!! I also wrapped silver cord around the card to mimic the strings hanging in the image. The sentiment is a vertical sentiment from Plate 52, but I cut the letters apart so I could mount it horizontally.


The Details:
Stamp: Ryla - Nikki Burnette (Plate 73), sentiment from Plate 52, both from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: Bo Bunny, Chocolate Chip 9Stampin Up), White for Image (Copic XPress)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Spun Sugar, Barn Door and Walnut Stain Distress Inks
Copics:
Skin: E000,E00,E11,E13,R00,R20
Hair: E57,E59, E47,E49
Clothes:RV10,RV21,RV23,R24,R29,R39,C0,C1,C3
Owl: E50,E53,E55,E57,E59
Background: E50,E53,R24,R29,R39
Misc: Silver Cord (SU), Stardust Stickles



My second card uses Arden from Nikki Burnette's Plate 82. This is one of my favorite cards that I have made in a long time! I know it is pretty simple without a lot of embellishment, but I was so pleased with how it came out! All of the papers and the "forever" sticker are form Echo Park. (I've just realized that it looks like I mounted the music sheet upside down because the parts that are showing all have the notes upside down! I think most of the "right side up" notes are under the heart! I don't play an instrument - is this normal?!))



The Details:
Stamp: Arden - Nikki Burnette (Plate 82), from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper:Echo Park, Basic Black (SU), Iced Azalea (Prism), White for Image (Copic XPress)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin: E000,E00,E11,E13,R00,R20
Hair:RV000,RV02
Clothes:C0,C1,C3,C5,C7,C9
Wings: RV00,RV02,RV04,RV06,C7,C9
Background: E50,E53,R24,R29,R39
Misc: Stardust and Black Stickles
, Sticker from Echo Park, Nestabilities Heart Die

13 comments:

  1. Wow both are just amazing!! I love the second one the most! Very rich looking!
    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are very top-notched Traci. I absolutely love the first one, love the block letters. The second one is very pretty too, the sheet music adds a nice touch to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your attention to detail is wonderful! love both of them equally - they are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful. I especially love the bottom one. Love the rocky feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Traci! I adore "Ryla". You did a nice job with both of them but she is fantastic!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of them are stunning, Traci. You added so lovely details to them. On the first I love how you added those silver strings in addition to the stings on the image. Great idea!! On the second I love how you have centered the image into the rose heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these both are beautiful. I really love how different from the original colored versions. Swear it is the BEST Ryla EVER!!! Love them BOTH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Valentine's Day! WOW. Makes me wanna break out the hearts and glitter. Awesome valentines cards. I LOVE the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh both cards are beautiful but I am with you, I absolutely LOVE your Arden card. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! I love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both so gorgeous, Traci, I love them both!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Traci!!! I love both of these cards. I love how you have coloured Arden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Traci, these are STUNNING!!! I love both of them. Love the way you did the first one and I adore the way you colored Arden. She is so beautiful.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete