Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Birthday Present and Fairy Thank You

One of the most versatile stamp sets is Cupcakes and Presents, Plate #31. The stamps in this set are absolutely wonderful to color - quick and easy. One can use these stamps for so many different occasions besides the typical Birthday theme. Of course having said that, I needed a Birthday card, lo...


I love to draw the eye to the colored image by using lots of white space. I just think it really 'pops' the image. After I colored the present with Copics, I used Stickles on the circles. The felt ribbon is from K& Company, the metal dots from Colorbok and sentiment is computer generated and printed onto scrap white card stock. The bottom layer is white card stock embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. I'm definitely going to create several more of these quick cards to have on hand.

For my next card I used Holy Night from Plate #21.


I know you recognize this stamp from Chin Chou Kuik's Fantasy Art. Yes, I know.... holiday themed stamp. But change the color of the holly and overall color theme and voila it became a Thank You card. (Or use an embellishment to completely hide the holly....)
I used Atyou Spica glitter pens on her necklace, dress ruffles and of course the leaves in her hair. For the candle flame, I adhered a small teardrop raindrop. I used pearlescent chalks for the yellowish background. One thing I wanted to point out is that I used 110lb Pure Luxury card stock. Blending is so much harder because the ink doesn't soak in which means no bleeding and it gives a different look as far as texture is concerned.

I also used Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens. I LOVE using these Indian inks to accent the smaller details of an image. In this case, I used these on her eyes and the eye make-up and a little on the cat's face.

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to check this week's special at Sweet Pea Stamps
and check out the new releases!

16 comments:

  1. Love simple Micki!! Also love your coloring technique and that flashy cat you achieved.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. I like the bling and negative space on the first one, and the fabulous colors on the second. I also like how you used a holiday image in an unconventional way. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! these cards are just so pretty and you did an amazing job with them! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very diffrent cards but both gorgeous.Fab coloring of the cat.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful Fairy))) LOve her))

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great cards Micki! Love how you used a holiday stamp for an everyday card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Micki, I love your two different cards. A great idea to make an everyday image out of a Christmas image.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card share today. I love the cat image. The background on that card is stunning and the extra large pic you gave us really shows us the beauty of the woman and the make up you did on her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh the second card is perfection. I get intimidated by the cat but you nailed it. The birthday cake is a sweet card too. Love the embossing. Sets off the image wonderfully!
    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are wonderful. I love the bold colors on the first card, I am very partial to this set, I love it. The second card your coloring is awesome. Very pretty work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Micki- both cards are fabulous and the colors great! I would never have thought as Holy Night as a holiday image here. Never! I love the Cupcakes and Presents set myself. They are super versatile!! Love the white and bright you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool! I love how you colored it! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on both of these Micki!! Love the present card witht the space and the colors you used are PERFECT!! You did a great job coloring the Holy Night image!! All the stamps with animals on them use to freak me out. As I thought I'd never be able to make them look real. Well Micki you sure did just that!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful...off to add to my marker stash - thanks a lot, lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab card, love the yellow hues.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh, forgot to say that I really like the top card too. Love how it stands out in those yummy colours and I like how you've played with dots.

    ReplyDelete