Friday, November 5, 2010

Pink Christmas






















For this week's card I made a Christmas card using non traditional colours. I used pink, kind of a breast cancer awareness Christmas card. I really like this image called light of beatitude by Ching chou kuik. and thought it would work beautifully (no pun intended) as this type of card, making the candles symbolize hope. A perfect card for a survivor. It's not really a Christmas image, but I think it works well as it anyway.

I must apologize though for the not so great images. I accidentally dropped my camera the other day and the display isn't working so I'm literally photographing in the dark. It so silly because I dropped it from a low chair and it was in it's padded cozy. I've been much rougher on it through the years, traveling with it a lot, but never really dropped it I guess. It must have bumped just in the wrong spot. Hopefully I can get it repaired as I can't live without it. It's so easy to use and loves me right back - such a chick camera :)






















I have coloured the image with promarkers and added glitter glue to the wings. The leaves are punched out using a qk die. I added three red pearls to mimic some of the pattern on the background paper. I folded the corner on the left bottom to balance out the holly decoration. It's a quite simple card, but I think it's well balanced and interesting.























/Katarina

10 comments:

  1. Love the colors you chose Katarina. They go well together. Your layout is great too!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Katarina, love her wings. Colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty, the colors are a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink and green!! One of my favorite combos...lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katarina she is just gorgeous. I love the pink and green it reminds me of the watermelon flavored candycanes. You don't need anything extra on this the paper and your coloring is all all it need. Great work.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW- this is beautiful. I do not think of pink when I think Christmas, but you pulled it off with out question!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally gorgeous. Love the colors and that glitter is perfect on her wings.

    Totally agree with Alex, you pulled it off wonderfully.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this image, the colors and how you colored it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is outstanding! The whole thought behind the beautiful outcome is magnificent!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katarina, I'm sorry it took so long for me to comment here - this card is so beautiful! I love the color combo and the gorgeous way you colored it! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete