Sunday, November 21, 2010

Connie-Foxy Lady


This card just sort of came together on its' own.

I began with an image by ching-chou kuik "Fox Allure"
which you will find on plate #64 or by clicking below:

I cut an oval shape from white glossy and ran my brayer over to give it color, then cut another oval
without the fancy edging (to fit inside the first oval).  I cut another oval and put just part of that over my dp paper, cut one corner with a punch & layered this all together.
Then I added pink rhinestones and pearls to the little ovals around my frame.

Supplies used:
corner punch by EK Success
Nestie "Beaded Ovals" by Spellbinders
dp "Bittersweet" by Basic Grey
Creative Memories cutting system
Rhinestones & pearls by Basic Grey
Copic markers
Blending Blox inkpads by Marvy
Tuxedo Black inkpad by Memento

There you have it.  Basically a "flat" card that uses
shapes to get your attention rather than bling.

Thanks for looking,
Connie

10 comments:

  1. Connie,
    This is beautiful and that nestie is perfection for showcasing you wonderful artwork!! Bravo!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the beaded frame with the rhinestones. It's the perfect amount of embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Connie! the frame really does set her off well and the beads are just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Connie. Love the brayering and the colors are so perfect and magical feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Connie, I love how you framed her. Great job on your coloring, absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oohh Connie, love the frame and the embellishments, match the image perfectly..... and love the colors..... the 'bling' is also the perfect accent.

    Awesome card Connie :-) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you have made the frame around her and she is colored so prettily! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie, I love the beaded Oval frame you used and the way you inked on the frame to added different colors. It give it and old frame look. Gorgeous!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I love this image. What a fun way to share it with that frame. I can't wait to try that idea, thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You coordinated everything beautifully. The leaves in her hair work so well with the border. Great work Connie.

    ReplyDelete