Saturday, November 20, 2010

Brigid Ashwood's Pinky


Finally! Do you guys know how much I've been wanting to play with some of the fabulous new stamps that Sweet Pea Stamps recently released? I've had "Pinky" colored for a couple of weeks but have not had a chance to create a card until this past weekend - sad I know!

Brigid Ashwood's Pinky is colored with Copics, the background was done with Distress Inks and a blending tool. I used a Viva Decor gel pen like a brush filling in the heart which gave it some interesting texture and shimmer. The paper is part of a Tattered Angels Make n Take I brought home from Summer CHA and thought it would compliment the colored image perfectly. For the ruffle at the bottom, I had sprayed white crepe paper with Glimmer Mist and adhered it to the back of the flocked & sprayed paper. Another handmade rose and some ribbon scraps and my card was complete.

Now to find time to play with all the other gorgeous stamps available at Sweet Pea Stamps :-).

8 comments:

  1. Wow I adore all the details you have added to this one. It brings her to life!!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that backdrop Micki!! You have to give a tut on how to get that effect Girl!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micki, I absolutley LOVE it! You gotta love fairies in boots! You did an amazing job on this image, I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool card - love all the extras you did for it, the crepe paper is fantastic and the colors are perfect for the image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Micki! Love the orange and green colors, the hair is perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love how you have colored her! That paper you made looks so pretty and fun! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am finally getting caught up on commenting!! Crazy weekend.
    I love the way you did the background paper and the colors you used are awesome. Gorgeous coloring by the way. Oh and that ribbon rose is AWESOME!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. I love how the image glows. The dots are perfect with the image. It all looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete