Friday, September 24, 2010

Starry Halloween





Hi everyone :) When I saw this new image illustrated by Elaine Cox for Sweet Pea Stamps, I was so excited! This image is SO beautiful and SO much fun to color. It stamps beautifully too. The image is called Starry Halloween. I first stamped the image on Neenah white cardstock and then colored the image with copics (e-mail me if you want the list, I used a lot!). I added some Stardust Stickles to the stars in the sky and I added some Glossy Accents to the owl's eyes (this is hard to see in the pictures, but it really gives a nice, fun effect). Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock. My DP is from DCWV (the new Halloween stack, I got mine at JoAnn's). For some finishing touches, I added some purple Offrey ribbon (last weekend I went to the Offrey outlet in Hagerstown and got probably 20 pounds of ribbon for less than $20 . . . such a fun trip!) :). I also added some pearls and some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thanks so much as always for stopping by.

Hugs, Christine

12 comments:

  1. If there is a prize for scary-lovely you have won it Christine! This is colored so beautifully and the extra touches show all over.
    I love your purple sky!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Connie, that purple sky is awesome. Love your card. Isn't this image so much fun?

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, very pretty Christine, I love the shade you used for her dress and sky. This turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a soft interpretation of this beautiful stamp!!! She is exquisite! I love it!!!! I want to take a trip to the ribbon outlet!!!! Lucky girl!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Christine i just love the colour combo,purples my favourite colour in any shade.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! Too funny, I saw her in purple too :). Gorgeous job Christine~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the shades of purple you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful new stamp and I just love the way you have featured it on your card. It looks stunning. I love the way the moon stands out and the dress/cape she has on. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. she is beautiful I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation! I love the colors you chose~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is absolutely beautiful! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work on this Christine!! I love the softness you gave her and the sky looks fabulous!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete